Saturday, January 27, 2018
8:00 am- Late Registration and Warm up
9:00 am- Round 1 (3 tunes)
1:00 pm- Round 2 (3 tunes)
7:00 pm- Round 3 (3 tunes) top five in each division
Please complete General Registration Form, Section 1 & 2, and mail by January 19, 2018.
Download Registration Form
Montana Winter Fair Fiddle Contest
443 Horseshoe Bend
Lewistown, MT 59457
Entry form must be post-marked by January 19, 2018
All Classes: $10.00
Prize money and ribbons in all divisions
- Fiddler must play a hoedown, waltz and tune of choice (other than a hoedown or waltz), in that order, with none repeated in the following rounds. Peewee division is only required to play three tunes.
- No contact microphones or amplified instruments allowed in competition.
- Fiddler may play along or with no more than three accompanists; accompanists WILL NOT be allowed to play the melody.
- There is a suggested four (4) minute time limit. There will be no penalty for playing over 4 minutes, but please try and adhere to the suggested time limit as closely as possible.
- Fiddlers may play in an older division than their actual age; however, fiddlers may enter only one division.
- Decisions of the judges and organizing committee will be final.
- Anyone appearing intoxicated will not be allowed on stage.
- It will be the fiddler’s responsibility to be ready when called to play in his/her division.
- If a fiddle string breaks, the fiddler will have the option to continue or stop at that point. If the tune is completed, it will be judged as played. If the fiddler stops, he/she will be allowed to restart with that tune and complete the program.
- Equipment malfunction, or other disruption, beyond the fiddlers control, may constitute sufficient reason to replay the tune in which the incident took place.
- Sign-in for each division must be complete before the beginning of the first round of that division.
Order of Play:
Each round will have the following order of play:
(if entries are large there will be a cut made after the 1st round)
Peewee .......................... 8 & under
Junior/Junior ................. 9 through 12
Junior ............................. 13 through 18
Adult .............................. 19 & over