Saturday, January 28, 2017
8:00 to 9:00 AM- Entries brought to Brooks Market
9:00 AM Official judging begins
5:00 PM Public tasting begins
104 2nd Avenue South
Please complete General Registration Form, Section 1 & 2, and mail by January 18, 2017.
Download Registration Form
966 Forest Grove Rd
Lewistown, MT 59457
Entry form must be post marked by January 18, 2017.
No entry fee
Overall $150 Grand Prize!
Ribbons & prizes for 1st place in every class
- Please use AWS (American Wine Society) Style Guidelines, which can be found at http://americanwinesociety.site-ym.com/
- Entrants must be residents of Montana and 21 years of age or older.
- Entrants can NOT be currently employed as a commercial wine maker.
- Wine will be judged by its own merits by more than one judge on appearance, aroma/bouquet, taste/texture, aftertaste and overall impression.
- You may enter 1 bottle of wine in each of the classifications; White Vinifera, Red Vinifera, White Hybrid, Red Hybrid, White Native, Red Native, Blends, Fruit, Dessert, Other, Sparkling, Rose (grape only).
- Two 750 ml bottle will be required for each wine entered. Wine must be contained in a standard Burgundy, Bordeaux, or Rhine shaped bottle. Screw cap bottles are permitted but will be disqualified if sealed with a cork. Sparkling wines must be entered in a champagne-type bottle and sealed with a cork or plastic closure and secured with a proper safety wire or a crown camp. Ports and Sherries may be entered in fortified wine bottles with a t-cork.