Friday, January 27, 2017
Saturday, January 28, 2017
Fergus County Fairgrounds
Hwy 191 North
Thursday, January 26, 4:00 to 6:00 pm – Registration
Friday, January 27, 2:00 to 6:00 pm – Exhibits open
Saturday, January 28, 9:00 am to 5:00 pm – Exhibits open
Saturday, January 28, 5:00 pm to 5:30 pm – Photos released
Please complete General Registration Form, Section 1 & 2, and include with entry.
Download Registration Form
If you would like your entries to be mailed back, please include money for return postage.
Entries taken Thursday, January 26, 2017 from 4:00pm to 6:00pm at the Trade Center, Fergus County Fairgrounds, or
Montana Winter Fair
PO Box 386
Lewistown, MT 59457
Entry form must be post-marked by January 23, 2017
Exhibits will be released between 5:00 and 5:30pm on Saturday, January 28.
• Class 1 - Adult (age 18 and up)
• Class 2 - Youth (age 17 and under)
• Class 3 - Professional non-judged: Persons actively selling or displaying their work. Any size, any subject.
Photo size: 5 x 7, 8 x 10, 8 x 12
You may enter up to 2 photos per lot:
- Lot 1 Landscape
- Lot 2 – People
- Lot 3 – Animals
- Lot 4 – Plants
Black and White or Color Photos
Winter themes preferred but not required.
$2.00 per photograph
1st place ...... $20.00
2nd place ..... $10.00
3rd place ...... $ 5.00
- The exhibitor’s name, address, phone number and entry information should be placed on the back, top right hand corner of each photo entry.
- All prints must be affixed to cardboard or mounts. Mats are recommended for display quality. Prints with frames or glass will not be accepted.
- Best of Show overall award will be awarded based on the judge’s decision.
- “Viewer’s Choice” award will be decided based on viewers’ ballots cast Friday and Saturday.
- Entry form and name tag on photo must accompany photographs to be entered.
- An entry fee of $2.00 per photograph will be jackpotted into premiums for corresponding classes. Checks should be made to Montana Winter Fair.
- Out of town entries: Entries and entry fees must be sent with prepaid postage to Montana Winter Fair, PO Box 386, Lewistown, MT 59457. A return address label and return postage must accompany the entry or the entry will be returned COD. Please specify if you will be picking up mailed entries in person.
- The original exposure of the negative/image must be the work of the exhibitor. Commercial print finishing is permitted.
- Entries that have been entered in previous years are not eligible for competition.
- Exhibits not complying with the rules of the Montana Winter Fair will be automatically disqualified. Judges’ decisions are final.
- Prints of nudity or those containing profanity will not be accepted.
- Submission of prints will imply acceptance of all rules, general and specific.
- Diligence will be taken to assure the safety and care of articles after their acceptance and placement. In no case will the Montana Winter Fair or any of its representatives be responsible for any loss or damage that may occur, nor will it be held responsible for the safe return of any exhibit to its owner.
- Exhibits will be released between 5:00 and 5:30 pm. on Saturday, January 28.
- The superintendent and/or judges in charge reserve the right to reject an entry deemed unworthy, or in bad taste, or to shift any entry from one class to a more appropriate one and to settle any disputes due to a situation not explicitly covered in the rules of entry.
- Premium awards will be mailed to winners following the fair.